Climate Emergency Declaration
Hakuba village is the base in a magnificence North Alps Hakuba mountain range, it is blessed with an extraordinary mountain natural environment through four seasons including the fascinate powder snow which charms to people of domestic and abroad, and also the mountain and Himekawa river source are abundant in rich and beauty of nature.
A concept of future activation of a rural community, the whole village was developing as a nature park, because it is a village blessed with nature in the North Alps foot of a mountain, we aimed to keep a wealth of nature as a basic target for development of a village up to now.
Therefore we have to start action to a climate change now. Hereby climate emergency situation is declared. The variation in climate caused by global warming has been a very serious threat for Hakuba village which has been blessed with extraordinary nature. We work on the following activity so that we can give the sustainable society to a future villager, and we are confronted with this crisis from the front and shifting to renewable energy.
- By climate state of emergency declaration, we will be confronted with a crisis of variation in climate aggressively from Hakuba village and be a model of other villages, towns and cities.
- We aim at 100 percent of renewable energy self-sufficiency rate in 2050.
- We work on discharge restraint of a greenhouse gas by proper management in a forest and defend good natural circulation.
- The villagers make important for the life cycle and the sense of values of activity thought four seasons.
- We protect the good powder snow in Hakuba to aim a snow resort of the world standard.
December 4, 2019
A mayor of Hakuba village Mr. Masatake Shimokawa